Dell EqualLogic PS5000E
The extensive Dell EqualLogic PS Series portfolio delivers solutions to meet nearly every need, and the PS5000E line covers a wide range of them due to its cost-effective capacity, huge scalability and optimal performance for common business applications.
Whether you are looking for a storage solution that solves tactical problems and can easily scale to meet your strategic goals, or you know you require more than one hundred terabytes from the start, the PS5000E line’s modular scalability can assure you a SAN to fit your needs.
The PS5000E line spans from 2 to 16 TB in capacity in a single array, utilizing SATA drives ranging from 250GB to 1TB. It is built from fully redundant, hot-swappable enterprise hardware. For applications that don’t demand mission-critical redundancy, there are single controller configurations of the PS5000E that make it even more cost-effective.
Built-in software functionality includes automatic load balancing, Microsoft application integration, snapshots and replication, multi-path I/O, consistency sets, thin provisioning and much more.
Seamlessly integrated with all other PS Series storage arrays, the PS5000E expands your ability to optimize performance and capacity using storage pools and tiers matched to application demands. And with online data movement between tiers, you gain flexibility to adjust without disruption as your business evolves.
Like all EqualLogic PS Series arrays, the PS5000E is managed in real time by intelligent, automated load balancing software, runs on redundant dual core RISC processors, and takes less than 60 minutes to unpack and setup.
It features built-in advanced software functionality, superior performance, and complete protection. Self-managing and expandable online with fully redundant components, PS5000Es are designed to maintain 99.999% data availability.
- Dual controller modules standard, each with 64-bit dual core RISC processor, with single-controller options
- Battery-backed and mirrored RAID cache
- Auto-configured RAID 50 and RAID 10 with hot sparing
- Highly flexible, space-efficient
- Auto-capable volume replication
- Complete storage solution with heterogeneous OS support
- Automatic load balancing
- Scales without service disruption
- Fully interoperable with the entire PS Series product line
- 2 – 16 TB of capacity
- Multi-path I/O
- Exceptional sequential and transactional application performance
- Performance scales linearly as arrays are added
The Dell EqualLogic PS5000E replaces the EqualLogic PS50E, PS70E, PS100E, PS300E and PS400E models. It also includes a new 16TB offering for capacity demanding applications.