Dell EqualLogic PS5500E
The Dell EqualLogic PS5500E is a high-density virtualized storage array that can deliver a hugely scalable iSCSI SAN. Like the rest of the EqualLogic family, it combines intelligence and automation with fault tolerance to provide simplified administration, rapid deployment, enterprise performance and reliability, and seamless scalability.
With up to 48 TB of SATA storage in a 4U chassis, the PS5500E delivers the lowest cost-per-gigabyte in the EqualLogic family. Users can scale out capacity and performance together by adding additional PS5500E arrays for a virtualized iSCSI SAN that can grow up to 576 TB under a single management interface.
Interoperable with all other EqualLogic storage arrays, the PS5500E expands your ability to optimize performance and capacity using storage pools and tiers matched to application demands. And with online data movement between tiers, you gain flexibility to adjust without disruption as your business evolves. The compelling economics of the PS5500E can make it a good fit for tiered storage implementations without sacrificing enterprise reliability or features.
Dell EqualLogic arrays are designed to meet and exceed the rugged requirements of today’s data center. The PS5500E includes fault tolerance capabilities through fully redundant and hot-swappable components – dual-controllers, triple fan trays and power supplies, and disk drives with hot spares.
Built-in software functionality includes automatic load balancing, snapshots and replication, Microsoft application integration, hypervisor-aware snapshots for VMware, multi-path I/O, consistency sets, and much more.
- Forty eight (48) SATA hot-pluggable hard disk drives in a 4U chassis
- 7,200 RPM SATA II drives available in 500 GB or 1 TB
- 24 or 48 TB of raw capacity
- Dual, redundant controllers with a total of 4 GB battery-backed memory
- Highly flexible, space-efficient volume snapshots
- Auto-Replication for disaster recovery
- EqualLogic Storage Adapter for VMware Site Recovery Manager
- Complete storage solution with heterogeneous OS support
- Automatic load balancing
- Scales without service disruption
- Fully interoperable with the entire EqualLogic product line
- EqualLogic Multi-path I/O
- Performance scales linearly as arrays are added
- Strong random I/O performance