Build the Foundation of a Responsive Data Center
Run all your production applications at near-native performance on VMware’s next-generation OS-independent hypervisor, now available for free. VMware ESXi has the same functionality and performance as VMware ESX but with a 32 MB disk footprint. With the ability to seamlessly upgrade to VMware Infrastructure 3, customers can add the benefits of server consolidation, automatic load balancing and business continuity to VMware ESXi.
Get Production-Ready Virtualization that is Easy-to-Use
Deliver unmatched levels of performance, reliability and security with VMware ESXi when you launch your first virtual machine minutes after installation.
VMware ESXi is built on the same proven technology as VMware ESX, so it’s powerful enough to run even the most resource intensive applications and trusted enough for your critical deployments. VMware ESXi is available free of charge and delivers:
- Simple Set Up
- Unmatched Reliability
- High Performance and High Consolidation Ratios
- Simplified Management
Benefits of VMware Virtualization:
- Save money and streamline operations with server consolidation and containment by running software applications on fewer servers
- Provide high availability and disaster recovery to all your applications at a fraction of the complexity and cost of existing solutions
- Automate key processes to transform IT into a flexible and agile business partner
CreateVirtual Machines Quickly and Easily
- Step through the menu-driven startup and automatic configurations and you’ll have virtual machines set up and running within minutes of booting your server.
- Create your own virtual machine or import a virtual appliance with direct integration between VMware ESXi and the VMware Virtual Appliance Marketplace.
- Deploy servers that have VMware ESXi embedded to experience true “plug and play” virtualization.
ReliablyRun Multiple Operating Systems on a Single Server
- Deploy mature hypervisor technology that is proven in tens of thousands of customer environments
- Minimize risk by deploying the only operating system independent hypervisor and avoid the security hardening, user access control and anti-virus tasks associated with an OS
- Choose from the broadest range of supported guest operating systems, including Windows, Linux, Netware, and Solaris
- Learn more about the fault-tolerant features in VMware ESXi such as storage multipathing and NIC teaming
Get Higher Consolidation Ratios for the Most Resource Intensive Applications
- Run email, databases, ERP and other resource-intensive applications on VMware ESXi’s bare-metal architecture offering advanced memory management and support for scaled-up physical and virtual machines
- Run virtual machines at twice the consolidation ratio possible with other first-generation hypervisors and minimize your hardware costs
Remotely Perform Management Tasks Such As Configuration, Maintenance, Patches and Updates
- Get point-and-click management for your ESXi host and its virtual machines using the intuitive graphical interface of VMware Infrastructure Client.
- Take snapshots of your virtual machines and roll back changes when testing patches or updates, monitor performance and resource utilization, and perform basic hardware component monitoring.
Seamlessly Upgrade to VMware Infrastructure
- Upgrading to VMware Infrastructure 3, the most widely deployed virtual infrastructure suite in the market, is as simple as adding a license file.
- VMware Infrastructure delivers improved service levels and operational efficiency by enabling centralized management, automatic load balancing, business continuity, power management and the ability to live migrate a virtual machine across physical machines to minimize service interruption.
- The capabilities of VMware Infrastructure are supported on both VMware ESXi and VMware ESX.