Dell EqualLogic PS5000X
Databases and online transaction processing applications require large capacity and demand high performance storage. The Dell EqualLogic PS5000X offers 10,000 RPM Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) disk drives to meet this need.
With a 16 drive chassis full of 400 GB SAS drives, the array delivers a 6.4 TB iSCSI storage array built on fully redundant, hot-swappable enterprise hardware. Scale out capacity and performance by adding additional arrays for a virtualized iSCSI SAN. Built-in software functionality includes automatic load balancing, Microsoft application integration, snapshots and replication, multi-path I/O, consistency sets, and much more.
Seamlessly integrated with all other EqualLogic PS Series storage arrays, the PS5000X expands your ability to optimize performance and capacity using storage pools and tiers matched to application demands. And with online data movement between tiers, you gain flexibility to adjust without disruption as your business evolves.
The PS5000X offers high performance, advanced functionality, and complete protection. Self-managing and expandable online, it is designed to maintain 99.999% data availability.
- 10,000 RPM, 400 GB SAS drives
- 16 drive chassis
- Dual controller modules, each with 64-bit dual core RISC processor
- Battery-backed and mirrored RAID cache
- Automatic RAID 5, RAID 10, and RAID 50 configuration
- Highly flexible, space-efficient volume snapshots
- Auto-capable volume replication
- Complete storage solution with heterogeneous OS support
- Automatic load balancing
- Scales without service disruption
- Fully interoperable with the entire PS Series product line
- 6.4 TB of raw capacity
- EqualLogic Multi-path I/O
- Exceptional sequential and transactional application performance
- Performance scales linearly as arrays are added
The PS5000X is the new name for the EqualLogic PS3700X model.